March 29, 2009

Learning a New Tongue While Eating a Tongue

I had heard that before leaving Costa Rica I would have to try "lengua en salsa", so my neighbor offered to teach me how to make it. I had a great time learning but I can't say that I would make it weekly.

We went to our friends house this weekend Steve fixed her washing machine for her, and we met almost her whole family. I learned how to make donuts with her daughter-in-law. She sells them for (15 cents each)extra income for the family. It was really fun seeing how she does everything by eye and by feeling the texture. Our boys our getting so big, so we put some pictures for everyone to enjoy of some of our fun times together as a family. Elliott is potty training, we just started this week. Steve is wonderful with the boys, Elliott went potty first for Steve, and Josiah did the same when he was being potty trained. It's a Daddy thing. Hope you all had a wonderful day!! Becky, for the Diems

2 comments:

BethsMomToo said...

I ate sliced tongue in London once. It's quite popular in Great Britain. Though it tasted good, the sight of them slicing it almost undid me! So if you ever feed this to me, slice it privately and just bring me the finished sandwich. ;)

The Torreys said...

Love the videos guys! You're so creative...and hysterical.
Becky you were very brave and you SOUND great! Wow! Muy bien!